It can be hard for us to love ourselves and view ourselves the way God does. He need to have a constant reminder so that we don’t slide back into our old way of thinking. So here are 25 amazing quotes and verses all about self love and self worth. Pick your favorites and write them on a notecard that you can carry around with you. Whenever you feel down or don’t value yourself the way you know you should, then take out the notecard and read it.
1) Self-love has very little to do with how you feel about your outer self. It’s about accepting all of yourself.
2) To me, self-esteem is not self-love. It is self-acknowledgment, as in recognizing and accepting who you are.
3) Self-love is really a foundation for everything, and however you practice or express that is so, so important.
4) For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
5) But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
6) Self-love is the source of all our other loves.
7) Allowing myself to love God completely has obviously shed light on my self-love because he loves me more than I could ever love myself.
8) It is not love that should be depicted as blind, but self-love.
9) God loves you and everything about you, so why beat up on your precious self?
10) If we love God, do His will, and fear His judgment more than men’s, we will have self-esteem.
11) If we give our children sound self-love, they will be able to deal with whatever life puts before them.
12) When your self-worth goes up, your net worth goes up with it.
13) Self-respect is a commodity worth cleaving to.
14) When you please others in hopes of being accepted, you lose you self-worth in the process.
15) The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.
16) Women must learn to find self-worth within themselves, not through others. It is important to carve out a place just for you.
17) Do your thing and don’t care if they like it.
18) It ain’t what they call you, it’s what you answer to.
19) It’s all about falling in love with yourself and sharing that love with someone who appreciates you, rather than looking for love to compensate for a self love deficit.
20) Loving yourself isn’t vanity. It is sanity.
21) Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.
22) To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance
23) You’re always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.
24) Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
25) For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.